Re: commit problem with cvs mode

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: commit problem with cvs mode
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:03:51 +0100

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> I think I'am having some troubles with  the commit in cvs mode. I have
> a project on sourceforge and it  takes times and times to commit
> ("waiting process to die" I think) but when I do it in a console, it's
> rather fast and ok!?

i know for savannah commits, you need this in your ~/.emacs

  (setenv "CVS_RSH" "ssh")

to use ssh login (i think sourceforge is the same). maybe you forgot to
do this and cvs is trying to use rsh instead of ssh; but then again, i
would really expect cvs to moan if that was the case. try that setenv
anyway.

can you tell us about any relevant parts of your ~/.emacs file?