Re: outline minor mode font lock

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: outline minor mode font lock
Date: 16 Jun 2003 10:01:04 -0400

> Thanks for the reply. I use outline-minor-mode mostly in
> emacs-wiki(love it!) and todo-mode buffers. It's totally
> functional,just not colorized. I tried your suggestion, but I couldn't
> get it to work satisfactorily. It seems to work in records-mode but
> not in wiki or todo modes. Also it seems to randomly colorize my
> .emacs when I view that in outline-minor-mode. It's not a major issue,
> but it would be nice to have the outline headers colorized in
> outline-minor-mode.

What I posted adds stuff to existing colorization, so if wiki-mode
or todo-mode does not do any colorizing, it won't help.
Also patterns by default do not override each other, so if the major mode's
patterns and outline-minor-mode's pattern can be highlight an area,
by default only one of the two will get its way.
On the other hand, what you can do is take a look at
outline-font-lock-keywords, and massage it to better behave in a minor
mode setting (use the docstring of font-lock-keywords to help you
decypher the thing).

        Stefan