Re: PCL-CVS, How To Merge?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: PCL-CVS, How To Merge?
Date: 19 Jun 2003 10:46:02 +0100

  Galen> Point is on line saying need-merge.  What is the command to
  Galen> make this happen?  Whenever I hit `d E' on either a marked or
  Galen> unmarked line, I get the message:

  Galen>   `merge' is not applicable to any of the selected files.

  Galen> -- Galen Boyer

You use "update", which is somewhat confusingly bound to "O". This
will result either in "merge" changing to "modified"; that is the
changes in the repository have been added to your version without
problems, or "conflict" which means CVS can't work it out, in which
case you use `vc-resolve-conflicts' on the buffer, which gives you
ediff, and lots of colours.

Phil