Re: envvars not being inherited everywhere

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: envvars not being inherited everywhere
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:59:21 +0200

Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Maybe help me to describe the  problem with enough precision. I like the
> way Stefan points it:

I would say something like the following:

    I put "export CVS_RSH=ssh" into the file ~/.foo.  Then I log in
    via kdm/gdm/xdm and start a shell.  Typing "echo $CVS_RSH" into
    that shell gives me ssh.  Good.  I invoke Emacs from that shell.
    Typing M-: (getenv "CVS_RSH") RET into that Emacs gives me ssh.
    Good.  I invoke Emacs from the menu.  Now typing M-: (getenv
    "CVS_RSH") RET gives me nil.  Bad.

--
This line is not blank.