Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?

From: Martin Stemplinger
Subject: Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:39:12 +0200

On Mo Jun 23 2003 at 14:21, Mac <oonplnhd02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

I used LaTeX a lot during my time at the university and I'm using XML
now. Both are IMHO equally hard to learn at first but the XML/Docbook
combo is much easier to adapt to different layout needs (at least I
never managed to write my own LaTeX-Stylesheet).

A selection of tutorials for docbook can be found at
http://docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DocBookTutorials. I found
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html
specially useful which describes the setup of emacs for XML processing
(although targeted towards Windows environment).

HTH
Martin