Re: [solved] specifying Windows filenames

From: Gustaf Erikson
Subject: Re: [solved] specifying Windows filenames
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:03:39 +0200

Gustaf Erikson <gustafe+usenet@openbsd.agero.se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using NTEmacs 20.7 on WindowsXP. I'm trying to call a perl script
> in the "H:\bin\" directory with shell-command-on-region. Perl is from
> the Cygwin distribution.
>
> I've tried specifying the command  in different ways:
>
> "H:/bin/command.pl" throws up the script in Notepad(!) So does
> "H:\\bin\\command.pl".
>
> "H:\bin\command.pl" doesn't work at all.
>
> Any tips? Do I need to specify the Cygwin bash shell first?
>
> tia,
>
> /g.

Many thanks to all who've helped with this.

To summarize: I've changed the call from "H:/bin/command.pl" to
"c:/cygwin/bin/perl.exe H:/bin/command.pl". This works fine.

Using the Windows file association to associate *.pl files with the
perl.exe executable sorta works too, but I don't get any output from a
module I use in the script. I suspect this is because the module path
isn't set correctly. I don't care about using perl scripts directly by
double-clicking, so I won't pursue this further.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson <<< mobile: 073-338 76 18 >>> http://stureby.net/gustaf/

     Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk
                      agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.