Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?

From: Mac
Subject: Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:24:51 GMT

After reading your posts, I think I'll start by trying out the
"XML/docbook in XAE" solution.

I like the fact that XML is machine-processable, and the theory that
it can be converted to other formats (HTML, PDF, hmm, should it not be
able to generate "reader friendly" plain-text as well?;-), not
forgetting the "sales factor" it has.

I'll just have to sacrify the typhographic defects for now. I'll also
take a note of the issue regarding different versions of XML/docbook.

Thank you all for your comments and links, I really appreciated
everything.

/mac

Summary of your links:

XML Authoring Environment for Emacs