Re: GNU Emacs on GNU/Debian

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs on GNU/Debian
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:57:55 GMT

Andrei Maxim <acmax@xnet.ro> writes:

> I'm still looking into the X Font problem as I opened up
> /etc/X11/fs/config and edited some stuff, but still nothing.

Did you restart xfs (with "/etc/init.d/xfs restart") and X? If you're
using gdm, X can be restarted simply by logging out. If you want to be
sure, try Control-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server after you log
out. gdm will restart X.

Glad the .Xresource suggestion was helpful.

The xmodmap stuff that Kai mentioned will definitely be applicable to
your 8-bit issue if the simple stty and xterm option stuff doesn't
work. This would surprise me because the default Debian resources have
always worked fine for me.