Re: Automatically raising the Speedbar frame

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: Automatically raising the Speedbar frame
Date: 03 Jul 2003 16:34:12 +0200

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003, Raffael Herzog wrote:

>  Klaus Berndl wrote:
>
> > Do not know but do you know ECB (Emacs Code Browser) which
> > offer all (ok, something more but also something less :-)
> > what speedbar offers in one frame so always when you switch
> > back to Emacs you are always fine....
>
>  I know ECB but I don't like it too much. Speedbar in its own
>  frame would be perfect, if it would raise the frame whenever
>  I return to Emacs... :-)

OK, another try...ECB offers to completely integrate speedbar instead of its
own tree-buffers, so you could get both worlds: The way speedbar handle things
like dirs, files and file-contents and the option to get speedbar in the same
frame like your source-buffers... OK, was only a last try to convince you :-)

maybe Eric knows a solution how to autom. raise up the speedbar frame when the
"source-frame" is activated...

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de