Re: Why have "shell" when there's "term"

From: Subhankar Chatterjee
Subject: Re: Why have "shell" when there's "term"
Date: 09 Jul 2003 14:59:55 +0530

Hello,

robert.thorpe@antenova.com (Rob Thorpe) writes:
[...]
> > >Try the Emacs shell or [M-x eshell]
[...]

> Somethings others haven't mentioned:
> `man' invokes emacs man and `grep' emacs grep, which is useful.
> Eshell takes quite a noticable time to load even on quite a fast machine.

I am using an Intel Celeron 568Mhz with 128 megs ram with RH-8 and GNU
Emacs21.2.1. I don't see any delay in loading eshell in my m/c. Both shell and
eshell loads up instantly. Please check your configs for tweaks.

I also think that lack of proper documentation is a major problem. Does anyone
have any pointers?

Regards
-Subhankar

--