Re: PCL-CVS and adding full directory structures?

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: PCL-CVS and adding full directory structures?
Date: 16 Jul 2003 09:06:26 -0500

On 16 Jul 2003, p.lord@russet.org.uk wrote:

> Do you know about the ability to mark whole directories? You
> put point on the directory and hit "m". This doesn't solve your
> problem

Yeah, this is what I was trying to describe as what I was looking
to avoid.  I mark an "unknown" directory, then hit 'a' and then
the objects underneath show-up as unknown.  Then, I continue this
process ...

I was hoping for something like the dired-maybe-insert-subdir
sequence of keystrokes, C-u i R [ret], but for PCL-CVS.

For massive directory adds I use a combination of

  find . -name'*' -print and replace-regexp

to create a bash shell file for adding each file.  This is the
way I will continue to work because I can stop and start as
needed.  But a couple of times, this process was stopped because
of power failures and such computer issues.  It would have been
nice to be able to finish the abruptly stopped process by using
PCL-CVS.

I would also use the PCL-CVS functionality on smaller subsets of
adds, but then, the "m" solution is good enough already.
--
Galen Boyer