onSave comment file

From: Patrick
Subject: onSave comment file
Date: 21 Jul 2003 09:25:34 -0700

Hi,
I know this must be possible, because emacs is the best editor ever
(and probly already exists, but I just haven't found how to do it).  I
was wondering how I could do the following:

When i save a file (C-x C-s), I would like emacs to insert a comment
which contains the author name and timestamp into the first 2 or 3
lines of the edited file, but would like this to be done automaticly,
instead of running a separate command.  Ideally it would also
overwrite the first couple lines (not append).  Does anyone know how
to do this or point to some How-to?  Thanks,

-Patrick-