Re: Return key not working [OFFTOPIC]

From: Andy Sawyer
Subject: Re: Return key not working [OFFTOPIC]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:56:19 GMT

In article <5lsmoxtl9h.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>,
 on 23 Jul 2003 09:39:38 -0400,
 "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> wrote:

> > I am having trouble with the return key i.e. it won't work.
>
> [ Sorry to pick on you, really. ]
>
> Where do people learn to give such useless "information" as "won't work" ?
>
> Doctor? Something's wrong with my leg, could you tell me what's going on?

(Not related to the OP, but...)
Worse still is when people say "it doesn't work" when they actually mean
is "although it doesn't work  as I expect it to, it is working as I've
configured it" ;)

Regards,
 '(andys)
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter
 how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first,