Re: Where can I find websites to know how to use Emacs to send and recie

From: Marco Gidde
Subject: Re: Where can I find websites to know how to use Emacs to send and recieve emails?
Date: 27 Jul 2003 00:41:28 +0200

Lee Doolan <rldoolanREMOVE@pacbell.net> writes:

>     takashi> Hi,I am interested in sending Email, using Emacs.
>
> http://www.gnus.org is the home page for gnus.  it's my favorite of
> the emacs email subsystems.  a lot of other people seem to like, too.

When I started sending and reading mail with emacs I used ViewMail
because it is more like a regular mailing program. Two view month ago
I switched to gnus and I do not miss anything. But I think for a quick
start using ViewMail might be a good altenative although it is not
released with gnu-emacs. But installing it is quite easy.