Re: termcap or terminfo

From: Stanley Yao
Subject: Re: termcap or terminfo
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:08:14 -0700

> > But there are only 8 colors available by checking ESC-x
> > list-colors-display and the colors are mostly dark. How can I get more
> > colors and more bright colors? I modified the color#8 entry in terminfo
> > into color#256. But it did not make any difference. Any suggestions?
>
> I think you will need to wait for a future Emacs release.  The
> development code supports 256-color xterm, but IIRC it is next to
> impossible to get that in the currently released versions, even if you
> frob tty-defined-color-alist to add the additional colors.

Thanks for your help and information.
Now I stick to the 8 color. But I am trying to change them a bit
brighter, because they are now very dark and difficult to be seen on the
screen (expecially the blue color).
I guess I need to configure the terminfo to change the palette, right? I
read the terminfo manual about capabilities u1, u2, u3, u4, initc, etc.
Seems they are the ones to change the palette, but I can't find any
example of them on the google. I tried several times but failed. Where can
I get some examples of how to use the capabilities above?
Thanks a lot!
Stan