Re: GNU NTEmacs and X

From: Jason Dufair
Subject: Re: GNU NTEmacs and X
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:04:29 -0500

So you want to run it always in GUI mode, with X handling the GUI when
you're in X/KDE and Win32 handling the GUI when you don't have an X
server running?  I think you'll be unlikely to get this to work with the
current sources.

I suggest you use Cygwin's Emacs.  If you're "out of KDE," you could
have an X server running rootless that allows Emacs to run and appear to
be a regular Windows app (this is how I run it all the time and the
context in which I'm composing this post currently).  If you feel the
need to run in KDE, you're still covered.

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/