Re: Printing in windows

From: Herb Martin
Subject: Re: Printing in windows
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 19:07:54 GMT

> I am using GNU Emacs 21.1.1 on win2k.  How do I get it to print?  That
> is, how do I "name" the printer?

I am new here myself but here's a link:
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/EmacsIn24h/emacs018.htm

An excerpt...
<<<
For most people setting the printer for NT Emacs is simple.
You leave it alone and Emacs prints to the default printer.
(setq printer-name "LPT1:")

Put this or something like it into your .emacs file. Although PRN is the
preferred
default printer for Windows (it always points to your default printer),
sometimes
you are better off selecting a specific printer such as LPT1.

You can also set your printer to a network shared printer:
(setq printer-name "//server/deskjet")

All that talk of PRN and LTP1 seems a little dated but looks
like it will work.