Re: Emacs-friendly bindings for /usr/bin/screen?

From: V. L. Simpson
Subject: Re: Emacs-friendly bindings for /usr/bin/screen?
Date: 04 Aug 2003 10:27:30 -0500

J Krugman <jill_krugman@yahoo.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to post a set of key
> bindings for the program screen that do not interfere too much with
> Emacs.  (The default screen key bindings start off on the wrong
> foot with Emacs' "beginning-of-line" [C-a] as its command key.)
>
> Thanks!
>
>       -Jill

Put this in your .screenrc:
escape ``  (That's two backtick characters.)

Now you just hit " ` some-screen-key " to run screen commands.(No double
quotes obviously)  C-a will now work properly for emacs.

You can use any two characters after the escape option.  I use the
backtick because I have little use for it in day-to-day editing.

Have fun,
vls