Re: lRe: MS Windows "Alt-Menu" support

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: Re: lRe: MS Windows "Alt-Menu" support
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:55:18 GMT

Kai Großjohann wrote:
"Herb Martin" <news@LearnQuick.com> writes:

Turns out it is built-in.

(setq w32-pass-alt-to-system t)  ;; tap alt for menus --Key menu letter

(I posted this in another thread when I found it.)

I don't have windows.  Does this mean that hitting Alt then releasing
Alt then hitting a key such as F allows you to access the menu bar,
but pressing and holding Alt while hitting F will access the normal
forward-word binding on M-f?

It would be nice to add this feature to other OSes, such as Linux, for consistency, if feasible.