Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: RSS Aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:35:58 -0400

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> "Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:
>
>> Is there an RSS aggregator for Gnus 5.8.8?  I believe there's one
>> in 5.10.2, but I just downloaded it, and it does not seem to be a
>> nice drop-in replacement for 5.8.8 (it choked on my authinfo file,
>> which I've been using forever now).  Thanks for any help!
>
> What's the problem with the .authinfo file?  I've been using mine
> for a long time, too, and I don't have problems with 5.10.

There's a bug in nnimp that Reiner posted a fix for, both of which
(the bug & the fix) I found with a Google search.  I'm connecting to
the same server (localhost -- ssh port forwarding) as multiple users,
using nnimap as a foreign server rather than a secondary server.
Something in all of that caused the bug to happen, and the .authinfo
is ignored.  I patched it with the new code and all is well.  I've
successfully upgraded to 5.10.2 and the world is a much safer
place.....thanks!

--
Regards,

joe