Re: german Umlaute in XEmacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: german Umlaute in XEmacs
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:14:13 -0600

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle wrote:

Hello there,

I recently switched from Gnu Emacs to XEmacs which wasn't bad at all
:-) But (at least) one problem I don't know how to resolve:  I use a
US-Keyboard, and since I am living in germany I need to produce the
german Umlaute.  With Gnu Emacs that wasn't a problem at all.  I just
toggled the input method with C-\ and typing ->"a<- produced the german a
with two dots above.  This seems to not work with XEmacs.  How is it
done with XEmacs?  Would anyone please help?

Try news:comp.emacs.xemacs, news:comp.emacs, or http://www.emacswiki.org/

--
Kevin Rodgers