Re: Keymaps and Emacs and libreadline ?

From: It's me FKtPp ;)
Subject: Re: Keymaps and Emacs and libreadline ?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:53:53 +0800

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

[...]

> AltGr is used to write characters that might not otherwise be
> accessible on the keyboard -- you hold AltGr down and press another
> key.  Here some examples that work on my keyboard:
>
>       AltGr e = €
>       AltGr r = ®
>       AltGr c = ©
>       AltGr d = ð
>
> But exactly what you get by using AltGr (if anything) probably depends
> on you locale settings.

Thank you for your explain :-)

>>   How can I configure right-alt do the same work as the left-alt do?
>>   change keymap or change inputrc??
>
> If you never need AltGr I suppose it's easiest just to map the right
> Alt key to Alt rather than AltGr.

Thank you for your suggestion :-) I use Debian(sid) on my home-computer.
And yes, I'd never use AltGr key. My locale-setting is zh_CN.GBK(I'm
not sure if this locale needs AltGr key ?). And I checked some keymaps
in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ ,But all these files have a line
like "include linux-with-alt-altgr". why ??
--
    Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp Lisp