Re: regexp and strings you don't want

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: regexp and strings you don't want
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:50:02 GMT

> That's too bad.  I wouldn't have thought it so complicated to have
> some function like [^"string"],

What would it match, exactly ?  There are many different possibilities with
very different behavior: match a string different from "string"; match a
string which does not include "string" as a submatch; match the empty string
if it is not followed by a string that matches "string"; ...

> or to list strings as options, maybe
> ["dog""cat""turtle"].  These would be quite handy.

I don't understand what you want here.  How is that different from
"dog\\|cat\\|turtle" ?

        Stefan