Re: How run a command JUST on region highlighted by MOUSE?!?!

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Re: How run a command JUST on region highlighted by MOUSE?!?!
Date: 2 Sep 2003 17:16:06 -0700

Kevin

Thanks for your help.  I finally got a version that works!

  (defun cs-py-comment-region(beg end) (interactive "r")
    (save-restriction
      (narrow-to-region beg end)
      (py-comment-region beg end)
      (delete-trailing-whitespace)))

What does the (interactive "r") do??? I really ONLY ever invoke my
functions
with key-combos that are hard wired to start the functions....e.g.
C-ac, C-z, etc....
Does this mean I can omit all this (interactive ..) stuff from .emacs
everywhere???

It appears that beg and end got automagically set when I dragged mouse
over some region.

It also appears that although py-comment-region did not need it's 2
args
without narrow-to-region part... it does now when I add the
narrow-to-region
part and that was the main bug.

Thank goodness it works but there is a lot going on I don't understand
here
about how arguments get defined and (interactive..) function.  Any
help would
be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chris