Re: How run a command JUST on region highlighted by MOUSE?!?!

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How run a command JUST on region highlighted by MOUSE?!?!
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:13:42 -0600

Christian Seberino wrote:

What does the (interactive "r") do??? I really ONLY ever invoke my
functions
with key-combos that are hard wired to start the functions....e.g.
C-ac, C-z, etc....
Does this mean I can omit all this (interactive ..) stuff from .emacs
everywhere???

No, the interactive form allows the function to be bound to a key and
specifies what values its arguments (if any) get when it is invoked
interactively (i.e. via a key binding or `M-x').

It appears that beg and end got automagically set when I dragged mouse
over some region.

Exactly!

It also appears that although py-comment-region did not need it's 2
args
without narrow-to-region part... it does now when I add the
narrow-to-region
part and that was the main bug.

That doesn't make sense to me.

Thank goodness it works but there is a lot going on I don't understand
here
about how arguments get defined and (interactive..) function.  Any
help would
be greatly appreciated.

Everything you need to know is availabel via its doc string (`C-h v
interactive')

and in the Emacs Lisp manual.

--
Kevin Rodgers