View-search-regexp-forward

From: Adam Hardy
Subject: View-search-regexp-forward
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 14:19:47 +0200

Hi,

just out of curiosity, why does View-search-regexp-forward only work in view mode? When I'm searching a file, I have to toggle view mode on before I can use it, and then toggle view mode off again to resume editing.

Another minor question while I'm at it: in the bottom left corner of emacs, just between the left hand edge and the file name, it says --(DOS) %%

This implies to me some sort of MS-DOS encoding in the file header. Is that right? Or is it because it's got a .jsp extension in the old 8.3 filename format?

Thanks
Adam

--
GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9