Re: reloading emacs

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: reloading emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:01:33 GMT

In article <mailman.69.1063121952.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Jim Hurley  <jhurley@katana-technology.com> wrote:
>Was just wondering how I could tie the reloading of
>.emacs to a function key. This seems desirable to
>quickly check changes I make to the file.

(defun reload-dot-emacs ()
  "Reload the .emacs file."
  (interactive)
  (load "~/.emacs"))

(global-set-key ... 'reload-dot-emacs)

There are possible improvements that could be made; for instance, if the
.emacs file is currently in a buffer, and it's not saved out, the command
could ask whether to save it first.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA