multi-month calendar?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: multi-month calendar?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:20:11 -0500

I have this ultra-wide monitor that would be capable of displaying more
than 3 months at a time (say, 5 or 6, wow).  Since I have some deadlines
in January for a project I (effectively) started in August, I'd like it
if it would display the months

August September October November December January

until Jan 31.  But everything seems by default to be locked in to
3 months at a time. So-??

Also, assuming that I can get a multi-month display going, in order to
actually fit 6 months on the screen I think I might have to reduce the
"padding" between the months by a space or two, hence another question
to mull over.

Help is much appreciated!

Joe