Re: unedebug-defun?

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: unedebug-defun?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:59:52 +0200

Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> Once I do `M-x edebug-defun' there appears to be no easy way to
>> keep edebug from stopping at the beginning of the function
>> forevermore.
>
> From "Instrumenting for Edebug" section of elisp manual:
>
>    To remove instrumentation from a definition, simply re-evaluate
>    its definition in a way that does not instrument.
>
> So, for example, M-x eval-defun.

  =>  C-M-x runs the command eval-defun

      Evaluate the top-level form containing point, or after point.
      [...]
  =>  With a prefix argument, instrument the code for Edebug.

      Setting `edebug-all-defs' to a non-nil value reverses the
      meaning of the prefix argument. Code is then instrumented when
      this function is invoked without a prefix argument
      [...]

--
Johan Bockgård