Strange mini-buffer problem

From: Thomas Heinz
Subject: Strange mini-buffer problem
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:46:38 +0200

Hi

I'm currently experiencing a strange problem which "suddenly" appeared.
I'm using the auc tex mode and when I type C-c C-c a line in the mini buffer
appears stating "Command: (default LaTex)". Usually, when I press return the
command "latex <file>" is being executed.

Now, after pressing return nothing happens. In fact, I need to enter the
mini-buffer (menu->Minibuf->Enter) to let the command being executed.
Of course, I don't want to do that every time I need to compile my document.
Any ideas what made this happen?

BTW, when I use emacs in console mode (i.e. emacs -nw) everything works
fine like before.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas