Re: [OT] inundated by Swen / Gibe emails

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: [OT] inundated by Swen / Gibe emails
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 03:13:48 +0900

Glyn Millington <glyn@millingtons.org> writes:

> Gernot Hassenpflug <gh@nospam.com> writes:
>
>> I use procmail in conjunction with junkmail filter. It automatically
/../

> That's an enormous quantity of stuff to download!   Since Thursday I've
> been resorting to popsneaker which checks the headers and kills off the
> unwanted stuff on the server before dowloading.  Seems to work well so

Glyn, I work at a Unix workstation. Sendmail puts the mail on the
mailserver. Procmail fetches it from there and filters it through
junkmail filter into my local account mail folders (I read it with
mew, a Japanese emacs mail program, but gnus or Wanderlust or mh would
do as well).

If the mailserver can only be accessed via APOP would popsneaker work?
If I use POP3 from my mail program, I have to use a .forward file to
first move all the mail to a different machine which has the less
secure POP3 on it. Then the work would be similar....

Any thoughts here?
--
G Hassenpflug RASC, Kyoto University