Re: emacs C question

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacs C question
Date: 25 Sep 2003 20:07:44 +0100

John Russell <jorussel@cisco.com> writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon <spam@thalassa.informatimago.com> writes:
>
> > John Russell <jorussel@cisco.com> writes:
> >
> > > I'm not sure if this is the right group for this.  I am picking
> > > around the emacs C source.  How can I make emacs open a file from the
> > > internal C code.  e.g. write a function in emacs/src/buffer.c
> > > that opens a specific file.  Any ideas?  Thanks
>
> Because I'm trying to implement drag and drop for gtk emacs.

It would be better to make drag and drop generate an event, which can
then be bound to any lisp function the user wants (that accepts a
filename). The Windows implementation works like this (although there
is a special function that it is bound to, so maybe it could do with
some work to generalize it).