Hook problem

From: Faredoon Irani
Subject: Hook problem
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:51:34 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

        I've installed a hook function for the 'after-change-functions'
hook since I would like to process each and every key pressed. The problem
is that I do not want to process anything through the hook function if
the result of a key press accesses the minibuffer, for e.g. C-x C-f.
This results in the processing of all characters displayed in the
minibuffer also! I have tried to use minibuffer hooks to toggle a variable
value when the minibuffer is entered and exited, but the key hook is being
processed much earlier. Please help.

Faredoon Irani