Re: clear-string not defined

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: clear-string not defined
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:31:05 +0100

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Robert Marshall wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>

>> If you only posted your message out of concern for your reputation,
>> then I can't help you.  But if you intended to get some help or
>> info then it makes more sense to send your message to a place where
>> you have a higher chance of reaching people who can answer you.
>>

> Well this one looks to be a problem with my setup - or maybe in one
> of the packages I've loaded, so I need to track it down a bit before
> I can submit a sensible bug report
>
> After a bit of investigation
>
> emacs -q
>
> (setq comint-output-filter-functions
> '(comint-watch-for-password-prompt comint-truncate-buffer
>   comint-postoutput-scroll-to-bottom)) ; my settings for this
>       no problem

Well it was idiocy on my part - in case anyone cares - or a future googler

I had changed my menu which started emacs to run emacs-21.3.50.23 -
during some debugging of something else - which is no longer the
latest version, so that version didn't have clear-string as a built
in, but when I was testing with -q, I was - of course running the
up-to-date version

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Boycott the French - stop using ampères!