Re: Eshell help.

From: Vincenzo Di Somma
Subject: Re: Eshell help.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:20:36 +0200

Lute Kamstra wrote:
Vincenzo Di Somma <enzo@reflab.it> writes:

I followed your suggestion and tryied to use M-x term, I had my shell
working quit soon but,

Do you have to do anything special, apart from just typing M-x term
RET and then confirming Emacs suggestion of /bin/bash with RET?

no

just after ther first 'ls' command emacs crashed immedialty, blocked
without any life sign :) What`s wrong ?

Does Emacs really crash or does term just slurp all your keyboard
input?  Does C-c C-c do anything?  What if you have one Emacs with two
frames and you run term in one frame; does the other frame still
function?

Nothing, I can`t do anything and the frames don`t even refresh, completly blocked.

(emacs 21 on debian testing i386)

Which Emacs is that.  Tip: type C-u C-x C-e after the closing
parenthesis of (emacs-version).

"GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian"

Vincenzo.