Re: return key in keyboard macros

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: return key in keyboard macros
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:29:25 GMT

> I am having some problems with the return key when I am defining and
> storing keyboard macros.

Hmm...indeed Emacs uses untranslated events when saving such kbd-macros,
so you get [return] rather than ?\C-m under X and you get
some strange escape sequence rather than [down] when using
cursor keys in a text terminal.

You might want to report this as a bug, although it's probably going to be
difficult to fix (although an "easy" fix would be to manually pass the
macro through function-key-map and key-translation-map, but doing it
right is difficult).

        Stefan