Re: auto-fill mode in java-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: auto-fill mode in java-mode
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:10:53 +0000

Adam Hardy <emacs@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote on Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:07:00
+0200:
> I'm trying to get my java-mode to wrap lines at 75 cols and I've not
> got it working.

What do you mean by "lines"?  In the CC Modes, only comments get
auto-filled by default.  Are your comment lines getting auto-filled?  Do
you also want code lines to get auto-filled?

If you want lines of code to get filled too, set the user option
c-ignore-auto-fill.  For example, in your mode hook add something like

(setq c-ignore-auto-fill '(cpp))

which will fill everything but preprocessor lines (do such exist in
Java?).  c-ignore-auto-fill is fully documented on the page "Text Filling
and Line Breaking" in the CC Mode info pages.

I'm not sure how useful the auto-filling is in lines other than comment
lines.

[ .... ]

> Thanks for any help.

Best of luck!  Come back again if the above doesn't help.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter