Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading pro

From: Hans-Joachim Daniels
Subject: Enhanced Carbon Emacs' LaTeX abilities in XEmacs (and AUCtex loading problem)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:35:39 +0200

Hello,

I'm new here, so I hope you don't bite if I mention XEmacs ...

On the iBook of my sister I had the pleasure to have a wonderfully preconfigured Emacs for LaTeX. But back on my linux box, this is no more, but I read, that it should be possible to "enhance" XEmacs too.

I added

(setq load-path (cons "~/.xemacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(require 'site-start)

to my ~/.emacs in hope to load these additions (with the site-lisp directory of the Enhanced Carbon Emacs).

But not even AUCtex loads (it is installed). That was the main reason I wanted to uses ECE's site-lisp was that I didn't figure out how to load AUCtex. So if you could help me here, I would be glad too.

Thanks in advance,

Ha-Jo