Re: [NEWBIE] exec path not expanding

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: [NEWBIE] exec path not expanding
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:23:28 +0200

Robert Pollard <rpollard@apple.com> writes:

> Now I have to figure out why! [[the environment in the shell is
> different from the environment that Emacs.app gets when clicked on]]

Well, it's quite simple, I guess: ~/.tcshrc and friends probably set
the environment.  tcsh reads those files when it starts up.

Hm.

Ah!  Google is my friend.  "environment variables macos" turns up the
following most interesting page:

http://www.astro.washington.edu/owen/AquaEnvVar.html

I only skimmed it.  I contains pointers to other places.  I hope it
helps.

(I don't have a Mac, but having an iBook would be way cool ;-)

Kai