Re: Font Lock Problems

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: Font Lock Problems
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:18:05 +0200

>> (font-lock-add-keywords
>>  'language-speak-mode
>>  '(("#.*" 0 font-lock-comment-face)))
>
> Better setup the syntax-table properly to mark # as a comment-startand
> \n as comment-end.

Should I here for explicitly change the syntax table or is it enough
to set the 'comment-start' and 'comment-end' variables? Or should I
not confuse the variable 'comment-start' and the 'comment-start
sequence' syntax table entries.  If this is so for what purposes do I
need the variable 'comment-start' and 'comment-end'. Do I need
'comment-start' and 'comment-end' maybe for fill-paragraph.

In my special case I am not able to use fill paragraph inside a
comment. What should I use to get this to work. Or with other words: I
want that inside a comment line the fill-paragraph function wraps the
line and prefixes the new lines with the same comment characters as
the original line.

Harald