Re: newb rexeg question

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: newb rexeg question
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:55:59 +0000

Steve Throckmorton <ttwelve@yahoo.com> wrote on Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:56:53
-0400:
> I know this is going to end up with me looking stupid, but why does
> this:

> (re-search-forward "^[a-z]...$")

> insist on matching the word "Abba" in this word list:

> abates
> abating
> Abba
> abbe
> abbey

> I would think it would find "abbe".

> I'm trying to match non-capitalized, four-letter words, and this is
> ticking me off.  Please tell me what I'm missing.

> Thanks,
> Steve T.
> Stockbridge GA

Interactive searches are, by default, case-insensitive.  There's some
option somewhere you can set to change this.  Or, better, to set it on a
case by case basis (pun intended), type M-c whilst entering your search
string.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter