Re: Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Binding Non-standard Keyboard Keys
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:45:39 -0400

Dan Anderson wrote:

> I just bought a new keyboard, and it's got all sorts of interesting
> buttons on it.  When I try to C-h c any key that's not alpha numberic,
> it doesn't work.
>
> I.e. is there a way to link the "Internet" button to W3, the "Search"
> button to find, or perhaps bind them and similar to macros/scripts of my
> choice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dan

I only have a standard keyboard so I don't know if this will help you or
not, but I noticed when using M-x global-set-key that if I hit a key like
Scroll Lock it put a notation in the prompt for the keybinding. I'd try
this. But there are other people that may have better suggestions.

For what it's worth.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.