Re: ecb and buffer switching

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: ecb and buffer switching
Date: 31 Oct 2003 14:58:27 +0100

On 30 Oct 2003, Chris McMahan wrote:

>  The ecb info file is a big help on this. You can also get the
>  quick-n-dirty explaination within ecb by typing C-h k for the current
>  mode's keybindings:

Thanks for pointing him to the ecb-info manual - because for this sake it has
been written ;-) If something is not explained or not findable or explained
in a bad manner then please report this to the ECB-mailing-list.

>  The keybinding for this recently changed, but in version 1.96 the
>  following applies:
>
>  C-c . g b    ecb-goto-window-speedbar
>  C-c . g h    ecb-goto-window-history
>  C-c . g m    ecb-goto-window-methods
>  C-c . g s    ecb-goto-window-sources
>  C-c . g d    ecb-goto-window-directories
>  C-c . g c    ecb-goto-window-compilation
>  C-c . g 1    ecb-goto-window-edit1
>  C-c . g 2    ecb-goto-window-edit2

If these binding are too "long" for you (i.e. too many keys to press) then
take a look at the option *ecb-mode-line-display-window-number*:

,----
| ecb-mode-line-display-window-number's value is t
|
| Documentation:
| *Display in the modeline of every special ECB-window the window-number.
| The left-top-most window in a frame has the window-number 0 and all other
| windows are numbered with increasing numbers in the sequence, functions like
| `other-window' or `next-window' would walk through the frame.
|
| This can be used to jump to windows by number with commands like:
|
|   (defun my-switch-to-window-number (number)
|     "Switch to the nth window"
|     (interactive "P")
|     (if (integerp number)
|         (select-window (nth number (window-list)))))
|
| Currently this feature is only available for GNU Emacs 21.X, because neither
| GNU Emacs < 21 nor XEmacs can evaluate dynamically forms in the mode-line.
`----

With this you can switch to any window/buffer of ECB with just one key...

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de