Re: Generate major mode from Antlr source

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: Generate major mode from Antlr source
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:29:40 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Is there a package to generate the font-locking and indentation engine from
an antlr source-file?

I don't think the ANTLR source is sufficient, but it would be interesting
to know if someone has worked on doing that (with some side help to know
what non-terminal deserves highlighting, for example).

Maybe a first step would be to generate a Semantic description and/or
to setup the syntax-table.

        Stefan

I thought about it a bit more, but it really is something that should be build into Antlr itself. I mean, parsing the file and creating emacs-mode code from it instead of java code should be more trivial than creating a elisp function that parses the antlr source from scratch.

But I'll think about it. Thanks for your reply.

If you really want to contact me, then replace the "I see you" text by its three letter accronym, ICU.

Fabricate Diem PVNC, Motto of the Night Watch -- Terry Pratchett