Re: copy/paste with other programs

From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: copy/paste with other programs
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:56:07 +0100

>>>>> "os" == Oliver Sturm <o.sturm@dahlhoff.biz> writes:

  os> I'm probably being stupid :-) Still, here's my problem: I'm using Emacs
  os> 21.3.2 on Linux and I find myself unable to use the copying/pasting
  os> features with other apps. Specifically, it doesn't seem to be possible to
  os> paste anything copied from Evolution into an Emacs window and vice
  os> versa... but many other apps don't work, either. It doesn't seem to make
  os> any difference whether I just use the X clipboard or the Emacs yank
  os> command or whatever... just doesn't work. Why's that?

the rationale for Emacs' behaviour is at

   <URL:http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Standards/clipboards-spec/clipboards.txt>

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>