Re: preset the position of new frame under mac os x

From: Leo
Subject: Re: preset the position of new frame under mac os x
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:19:40 +1100

"Hugh Wolf" <hwolf@deutsches.lieder.de> wrote in message
news:2IPob.77706$e01.257998@attbi_s02...

> The 'left entry of default-frame-alist works fine for me in osx.

thanks hugo.

i have tried that as well, but cannot make it work. here's the part of my
.emacs file:

(setq default-frame-alist
      ;; standard staff
      '((tool-bar-lines . 0)
        (foreground-color . "black")
        (background-color . "white")
        (menu-bar-lines . 1)
        ;; my staff:
        (font . "-apple-monaco-medium-r-*--*-140-*-*-*-*-mac-roman") ;; mac
        (top . 15) (left . 250)
        (width . 81) (height . 48)
        (cursor-color . "Black")))

(setq initial-frame-alist
      '((top . 0) (left . 5)
        (width . 84) (height . 50)  ;; mac
        ))

this settings should make the first frame at the left and the second frame
at the right of the screen. unfortunatly both screen appear on the left...
:-(

what do i do wrong?