Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Cool and Useful LISP for the .emacs file
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:09:51 +0100

On Thu, Nov 06 2003, Dan Anderson wrote:

> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DotEmacs

|   (put 'narrow-to-region 'disabled nil)

I don't think it's a good idea to recommend this to users who probably
aren't aware what this means.  They will never find `widen', I guess,
and believe that they lost all text outside the region.

|   (setq require-final-newline 'query)

Hm, it works, but maybe it should be "ask", see `files.el'.

| Additional `C-x LETTER' key bindings for useful commands (notice
| uppercase LETTER):

`C-x LETTER' is not reserver for users, better use `C-c LETTER'.

| Turn on Mouse Wheel Scrolling:
|
|   ;; turn on mouse wheel scrolling
|   (defun sd-mousewheel-scroll-up (event)

What's wrong with `mouse-wheel-mode'?