Re: line length control setting

From: Gareth Rees
Subject: Re: line length control setting
Date: 7 Nov 2003 10:40:47 -0800

Adam Hardy wrote:
> I am using a brute force method of stopping myself from writing long
> lines of code, using this in my .emacs:

It's very drastic to do this using 'after-change-functions'; this stops
you from doing useful operations that temporarily create long lines that
you then propose to reformat (such as query-replace, delete-indentation,
or indent-region).

I suggest you use 'local-write-file-hooks' instead, perhaps using Line
Limit Mode, as described in this post to comp.emacs:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uhfdaw35e.fsf%40pobox.com

--
Gareth Rees   http://www.garethrees.org/