Re: What the next machine will be like after iMac.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: What the next machine will be like after iMac.
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 09:07:35 +0200

>> The next machines will be Lisp machines with Emacs operating system
>> running on them.
>
> You're way behind the times and need to upgrade.  ;-P

No, no.  I've been using Emacs for everything for more than 10 years.
With the above statement I wanted to say that it could be good to run
Emacs on Lisp machines to improve its speed.

> I've been using Emacs as an OS for years and never once looked back.
> Read mail, search files, browse the web, whatever I need to do I can
> do in Emacs.

But why are you still using Ximian Evolution for sending mail?
If you think that Emacs lacks some features that Evolution has, then
could you tell what features of Evolution are most critical for you.
I just started to implement some of Evolution's features for Emacs, so
this will improve.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/