Re: Dramatic upgrade (was active URLs in Gnus)

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Dramatic upgrade (was active URLs in Gnus)
Date: 09 Nov 2003 13:04:22 -0600

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:
>
> > The change in the look and feel of Emacs is quite dramatic, but
> > seems to have done nothing to lessen the application and may make
> > it more appealing to a wider audience, which would be a good
> > thing.  I'm really impressed with the improvements in version
> > 21.2.1, and will keep my eyes peeled for 21.3.
>
> 21.3 is a bug fix release to 21.2 and has been out for months.  The
> thing to keep your eyes peeled for is what may become of the current
> CVS version (not sure yet whether 21.4 will again just be bugfix).

Well, I don't have the skills or resources to compile from source so
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a precompiled binary for OS X
10.1.5 to run under XDarwin.  Kind of complicated and rather limiting.
fink makes this stuff easier, I know.  Once OS X/Aqua is integrated
into the source code it will become much easier.  Rumor has it this
will happen in 21.4.